Beatles – Magical Mystery Tour (Dr. Ebbett DBM-051)
Magical Mystery Tour (German Stereo LP – Horzu) (Dr. Ebbett DBM-051)
1. Magical Mystery Tour (Lennon/McCartney) 2:46
2. The Fool On The Hill (Lennon/McCartney) 2:57
3. Flying (Lennon/McCartney/Harrison/Starkey) 2:01
4. Blue Jay Way (Harrison) 3:46
5. Your Mother Should Know (Lennon/McCartney) 2:26
6. I Am The Walrus (Lennon/McCartney) 4:32
7. Hello Goodby (Lennon/McCartney) 3:25
8. Strawberry Fields Forever (Lennon/McCartney) 4:05
9. Penny Lane (Lennon/McCartney) 3:00
10. Baby You’re A Rich Man (Lennon/McCartney) 2:57
11. All You Need Is Love (Lennon/McCartney) 3:36
The Beatles – Magical Mystery Tour (German Stereo LP – Horzu) was released by Dr. Ebbetts in 2002 in excellent stereo [SHZE 327] with raving reviews.
DBM-051 offers a remarkably flawless transfer punctuated with excellent stereo separation, magnificent signal to noise ratio and gain, and precise and defined bass from start to finish.
DBM-030A/B: Beatles – Magical Mystery Tour (US Mono & Stereo LP – Capitol) (Analog Digital) represented somewhat of an imperfect transfer revealing some intermittent minor flaws and was reviewed previously on this website.
The channel separation on DBM-051 is so distinct and alarming on “Flying”. The clarity of the instrumentation is amazingly precise on “Blue Jay Way”. The deep pulsating bass lines on “I Am The Walrus” are a must listen. The thundering bass chords on “Baby You’re A Rich Man” serve notice as to McCartney’s legendary mastery of his instrument. And McCartney’s rumbling rich-filled fluid grooves fuel “All You Need Is Love”.
This release should serve as a test drive for realizing true stereo separation and is, simply put, an outstanding listen. The instrumentation is all so clear and the listener cannot help but discover new sounds through it all. DBM-051 affords a wonderful opportunity to rediscover the sheer genius of the Beatles in the best sounding quality of any of the Magical Mystery Tour releases to date!